Top 10 Things You Should Do Right Now If You Just Got Foreclosure Papers
The Court Says I Must File An Answer Within 35 Days…
If you’ve just received foreclosure papers, you have 35 days to take immediate action, and we are here to help you.
It’s Easier To File An Answer With The Help Of A Lawyer
The court requires that you file an answer to the foreclosure complaint within 35 days if: you are the borrower and you believe that your lender is unjustly foreclosing upon your property. In your answer to the court, you must provide your defense as to why your property should not be foreclosed on, and explain why your lender should not be foreclosing on your home (with supporting documents and proof of your argument).
Understand How You Should File, And What To Do Next
There are two different ways to answer the complaint, contesting or non-contesting. The first thing you should do is find a lawyer to help you determine how to file an answer, and then help you through the foreclosure process.
Here is a quick list of what you should do once you are served with a Summons and Complaint
1. Take note of the date that you received the summons and complaint, whether in the mail or from the sheriff.
2. Add 35 days to the date noted above: this is the date that your answer must be filed by.
3. Find an experienced foreclosure lawyer to help you. Get the best professional help that you can afford.
4. Avoid Scams! Before hiring your lawyer, make sure that they are well-qualified to help you. Do they practice in the state of New Jersey? How much experience do they have in foreclosure law? Do they have a focus in foreclosure law? Are they an out-of-state scam service? Are they just trying to get you into a bankruptcy? – (bankruptcy is not your only option)
5. Discuss with your lawyer whether you will file a contesting or non-contesting answer to your foreclosure complaint.
6. After filing, make a realistic assessment of how you will save your home from foreclosure.
7. Determine if you qualify for a loan modification. A loan modification solves the issue of foreclosure 100% of the time – if you qualify.
8. If you don’t qualify for a loan modification, find out what changes you can make so you qualify; normally it boils down to increasing your income.
9. Learn the tips and tricks to preparing an approvable loan modification application. It can be easy to fail if you don’t know about the process and what your bank is looking for in your application.
10. Educate yourself about all of the options, techniques, and strategies for saving your home from foreclosure.
It is crucial to educate yourself about the overall process of foreclosure, and find out all of your options. Additionally, the foreclosure process can be tricky to navigate by yourself. Find someone who is well-qualified to help you throughout the process and help you save your home from foreclosure. Your lender understands the importance of having legal defense, and will have a lawyer; it is also in your best interest to obtain one.
Learn Everything You Need To Know About Foreclosure
In Your FREE SmartGuide: Surviving Foreclosure, you will get:
Answers To Your Most Pressing Questions (When Will I Get Kicked Out Of My Home? How Can I Save My Home? …and many more!)
Ways To Save Your Home From Foreclosure
Secrets Hints To Saving Your Home That Your Lender Won’t Tell You
An Invitation To An Exclusive Webinar, How To Save Your Home From Foreclosure
Find MY Solution Worksheet- to help determine the best way to save your home